EMBRACE YOUR DANCE EXPERIENCE…
BECOME A SUPPORTER OF THE BALLET COLLECTIVE TODAY!
Dear Dance Lover:
John Castagna’s Ballet Collective/LA has had a very inspiring 2012:
- The Golden Slave won Pointe Magazine’s “Viewers Choice” for Video of the Month in July. This romantic pas de deux, choreographed to Rimsky-Korsakov’s Scherazade, features Stephanie Kim as the golden slave and Jack Virga as the archaeologist.
- Rite of Spring Suite was nominated by Dance Magazine for Video of the Month in February.
Thanks to you these projects have been able to reach completion and be presented to the public and have supported the careers of promising young dancers. Since 2008 Castagna has been sharing his choreography and the work of these talented dancers on the internet reaching an audience of thousands. None of this would have been possible without the continued generous support of donors like you. Every time I rehearse with young dancers or review our repertoire, I am so grateful for your generosity.
On the agenda for the 2013 season is:
- a new ballet Black and Fuscia choreographed to Venezulan composer Alberto Ginastera’s “Toccata” from his Concerto for Piano and Orchestra #1.
- The work is planned for five dancers including Stephanie Kim and a new dancer, from Spain, Guzman.
- Costume Designer Anda Bernovska, her fourth collaboration with Castagna, will be designing the costumes in the style of 1950’s Spanish.
- The Golden Slave will be screened in our local venue and hopefully with Dance Camera West (pending).
- A revival of the light-hearted Dancing for Degas, inspired by his paintings of dancers, will be reset on three ballerinas, a ballet master and the character of Degas himself.
- Plus, it is time for us to update the technology of our website that we can more easily (and spectacularly) share our news (we’ll be able to update the new site ourselves) and post our videos directly on our site. We need $450 for this project just to underwrite the re-design- most of the services and any necessary upkeep will be donated.
NOW we need to raise the funds to continue with the production costs of dancers’ fees, costume design, theatre rental, video editing. Ballet Collective/ LA needs your HELP. Any donation would be greatly appreciated. We can’t do this without your support. Ballet Collective is a not-for-profit 501©3 organization, our Federal tax ID# 20-1466858.
Donor…………………………… … $ 500
Sponsor………………… …… …… $ 250
Friend……………………………… $ 25
Thanks to the generous funding of the following people: Miriam Jencks, Anthony Caldwell, Lester and Lori Savit, Dr. and Mrs. Duperon, Robert Shane, Dr. and Mrs. Prabhu, Judi Garrett, Yoshiko Brelsford, Joan Harrison, Robert and Kathy Castagna, Kathy Castagna. Special thanks to Mimoda Studio and Yasha Michelson, Stefan Wenta, Alvaro Asturias.
Best to you and your families for the coming year!
323.661.6440 The Ballet
Collective has no administrative costs with an all-volunteer administrative team. Your role as a dance supporter and FRIEND OF THE BALLET COLLECTIVE is important. We can't do this without you and know that your generous
donation is deeply appreciated. Please put back into the community so our talented, dedicated dancers can dance their hearts out for you. The Ballet Collective is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization (# 20-1466858)
FOUNDING FRIENDS OF THE BALLET COLLECTIVE
Mimoda Studio Theatre
Dr & Mrs. William Jencks
Tony and Dr. Fogarty
Los Angeles Theatre Center
Dr & Mrs. Donald F. Duperon
Mr. and Mrs. Lester Savit
Dr. and Mrs. Prabhu
Deborah Brochus and Daisy Kim